The entire student fraternity at the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) campus in New Delhi, were rendered speechless today, as a BA student consumed poison after hacking his female friend with an axe inside the classroom. The boy died in the hospital later.
The boy (23) had a verbal altercation with the girl inside room number 213 of the School Of Languages. The argument took an ugly turn with the boy hitting the girl with the sharp axe and then consuming poison. The police recovered a country made pistol, a bottle of poisonous substance and an axe from the spot.
The girl was taken to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), where she is battling for life at the ICU. The boy was admitted to the Safdarjung Hospital, where he died. The doctors confirmed that he died of poison.