Radio Blast in Maharashtra’s Beed sends Shockwaves

TNI Bureau: In a shocking incident, four members of a family, including a minor boy, were seriously injured when a radio set exploded at their residence in Koregaon village of Kaij tehsil of Beed district in Maharashtra on Friday afternoon.

Maharashtra police informed that a bus conductor named A R Nimbalkar, 35, his wife Usha, 30, mother Kusum, 53, and two-year- old son Kunal were seriously injured in the incident.

The incident took place after Nimbalkar, while on duty, noticed an unclaimed radio set and took it home and came to know that it wasn’t working.  He then tampered with the batteries in an attempt to make it work. That was when it exploded.

The injured have been admitted to Swami Ramanand Teerth (SRT) hospital in the town. Dr Rakesh Jadhav, who is attending the injured at the hospital, said that eyes of the injured were severely damaged in the incident and they were being operated upon immediately.

Meanwhile, forensic experts and sniffer dogs reached the explosion site. Senior police officials including the IG and SP also reached the spot to take stock of the situation.

Maharashtra Home minister RR Patil has issued a notification ‘to remain alert’ after this tragic incident.

Comments

comments

Leave a Reply